What’s the offer? American Express Business Gold Rewards Card with a 75k Membership Rewards offer.
First and foremost, I tip my hat to PointsCentric for this offer.
It’s no secret that I love American Express! I try to put as many purchases as I can on any of my Amex cards. I love the customer service and they’ve stood by me when making purchases that wouldn’t accept a return. Membership Rewards points are highly valuable in my opinion, because you can transfer them to a variety of airline partners.
Membership Rewards are valued at about 1.8 cents in my opinion. Depending on who you transfer your points to, you can make out quite well. For instance, if I were to transfer my points to British Airways, I could book a round-trip ticket from MSP to CLT for 12,500 Avios each way (15,000 total). If I transferred my Membership Rewards points to Delta, it would require a minimum of 25,000 SkyMiles to fly from MSP to CLT round-trip. Make sure to do your research before transferring your points. (By the way, I fly to CLT to see my parents since they live in South Carolina.)
What’s great about this card?
- No annual fee the first year.
- 75,000 Membership Rewards signup offer!
- Membership Rewards are valued at roughly 1.8 cents.
- 3x points earned on airline tickets booked directly with the airline.
- 2x points on select media, shipping, gas stations, and purchases made directly from select computer hardware, software, and cloud computing providers.
What’s bad about this card?
- After the first year the annual fee is $175.
- $10,000 spending requirement within the first 3 months to receive your 75k welcome offer.
- Amex is known for not being too friendly with manufactured spenders. Be cautious when spending too much, too fast. Don’t spend more than your reported annual income and don’t like on the application.
- Don’t get this card confused with the Amex PRG which offers 2x points at grocery stores. This card does NOT offer that.
Although this is a business card, you can still apply for it! You can put your name in the “Legal Business Name” field. For the Federal Tax ID field, just enter your full social security number. As long as you sell something online at least once a year, you can claim you’re a Sole Proprietorship. Just remember, don’t lie on the application about anything! Even if you put $1 in for the income, you can still be approved!
How to Apply
Application Link: Right-click on this link and copy it.After you’ve copied the link, continue reading below.
This requires a little bit of work to find the offer. You have to open your Internet browser in “incognito mode” which means no information will be stored on your computer when browsing the website. If you’re not sure how to do this, please do a simple Google search. Once you have opened your browser in incognito mode, paste the link into the address bar and hit enter.
Continue doing this over and over until you see the 75,000 offer! Good luck! I got the 75k offer once, and the 50k offer about 10 times. If it doesn’t display the offer, close the browser and open another one in incognito mode.