What’s the offer? American Express Hilton HHonors Surpass with 80,000 points after $3,000 in spending within the first 3 months.
Just yesterday I reported that Citi was offering 50,000 HHonor points after only $1,000 in spending. Now I found an offer by American Express that’s offering 80,000 points! Granted the spending requirement is higher, but I think it’s worth the extra 30,000 points. After all, if you’re familiar with manufactured spending, the $3,000 should be easy to accomplish within the first 1-2 months.
I actually carry this card and I put my gas and groceries purchases on it, because it earns 6x points in these two categories. It’s great earning lots of airline miles, but don’t forget about the hotel stay! I think if you can sacrifice the hard pull, this would be a great way to top off your HHonors account.
Before applying for this card, look on HHonors.com to see how many points it would take to stay at some of your favorite travel destinations. I’m going to Italy next April and I would be able to get 2 nights out of 80,000 points. However, staying at the Hilton in Times Square NY takes a full 80,000 points per night! That means this signup bonus would be valued at around $365 if I were to spend the points on this property.
What’s good about this card?
- 12x points when booking your Hilton reservation to this card.
- 6x points per dollar spent at U.S. supermarkets, gas stations, and restaurants.
- Complimentary HHonors Gold status.
- Can charge your way up to Hilton Diamond status by spending $40,000 a year on the card.
What’s bad about this card?
- Annual fee of $75 not waived the first year.
- Hilton points were devalued last year. However, if you manufacture spend in the bonus categories, then HHonor points can add up fast.
- If you’re looking for general spending, there’s other cards that offer more value.
This offer expires on February 28, 2015. I will probably have more partner apply for this next year. We already have enough HHonor points for our upcoming trip to Italy in April, but we plan on going to Hawaii in January 2016 with my parents. This will be an easy 80,000 points to earn. I think if you can spare the hard pull, you might as well collect the points if you have an upcoming trip.
The current offer is only 60,000 HHonor points on American Express’ website. So make sure if you apply, you use the link below!
How to Apply
Application Link: Apply Here.