What’s the offer? Barclaycard US Airways 50,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee.
This will probably be the highest offer we see on this card before it’s discontinued next year. Barclaycard will probably stop offering the US Airways Barclaycard by Q1 or Q2 2015. This is probably one of the best credit card offers you can signup for right now. You’re basically getting 50,000 miles for $90. You could charge $1 to the card and then pre-pay the $89 annual fee and receive your signup bonus after your statement cuts.
Don’t plan on flying US Airways before they merge with American Airlines? No problem! Your points will eventually rollover into your American Airlines AAdvantage account. This would actually be a great way to top off your AAdvantage account if you need some miles in your account by next year.
What’s good about this card?
- 50,000 points after your first purchase.
- Low annual fee to collect the miles.
- First check bag is free on US Airways.
What’s bad about this card?
- If you’ve recently been approved for a Barclaycard within the last 6 months, you will have a difficult time getting this card. A recon might work.
- Annual fee (but the bonus points offset this).
- $99 companion ticket benefit is being discontinued next year.
I think this would be an excellent card to apply for right now! 50,000 miles for only $90 is as cheap as you can get! Once your miles transfer to your AAdvantage account you can book a Business/First 1-way ticket to Europe. If you have miles sitting in another frequent flyer account, you can then book another 1-way ticket home.
How to Apply
Application Link: Apply Here.